Monthly donors are an important and growing part of the Mackinac Center family of supporters, more than doubling in number over the past three years.
This trend reflects the win-win nature of monthly giving. For supporters, setting up an automatic monthly gift can be a convenient way to manage one’s charitable giving. For the Mackinac Center, monthly giving is a valuable aid in fiscal planning.
Here is how the Center’s monthly giving program works:
You can enroll in the program at any time by visiting our Donate page at www.mackinac.org/donate.
After filling out a brief form and providing your credit card information, you simply indicate the amount you would like to give each month and click “Monthly.” You will receive confirmation of your gift immediately by email. If you prefer, you also can set up a monthly gift by phone. Simply call us at 989-631-0900 and ask to speak to a member of the Advancement department.
After you enroll, the Center will charge your credit card in each successive month for the amount you indicated when you signed up.
There are many benefits to you in choosing to set up a monthly donation:
- Monthly gifts may be easier to fit into your budget and help you plan the year.
- You only have to set it up one time — we’ll handle the rest.
- Because it’s done safely and securely online, there is less paperwork.
- We will send you monthly or annual receipts for tax purposes — whichever you prefer.
- You receive regular updates, through our publications and mailings, on how your gifts are being used.
- You also have the satisfaction of knowing that your monthly gift can make a tremendous difference in the fight for sound public policy. A monthly gift of $10 adds up to $120 annually to help inject free-market ideas into public policy debates. Your monthly gift of $25 equals $300 annually to fuel policy research and education. A monthly gift of $50 provides $600 annually to help protect our freedoms in court and be a voice in the media.
If you already are a monthly donor to the Mackinac Center, please accept our sincere thanks.
If you have questions about setting up a monthly gift, please call the Advancement department today at 989-631-0900. We will be happy to work with you to set up the monthly donation that best meets your needs.