Some Michigan school districts provided information about their contracts with private providers of food, custodial and transportation services that require us to make some corrections to the way these districts’ responses were categorized in previous publications. These are listed below.
- Chassell Township Schools was mistakenly marked as having privatized at least one service in 2014. The district considered contracting out but kept its services in-house.
- Grand Rapids Public Schools outsourcing only covers substitute custodial employees.
- Schoolcraft Community Schools contracts out for substitute custodians.
- Camden-Frontier Schools’ transportation services did not have a private bus manager in 2014.
- Kalkaska Public Schools has only special education transportation provided by a private sector contractor.