The Washington-based Heritage Foundation has published a brief “Top 5 Reasons to Repeal Obamacare.” Here are its headlines, which are arranged in reverse order:
5. To stop adding to the U.S. deficit and debt.
4. To help stop Taxmageddon.
3. To preserve freedom, including religious freedom, for all Americans.
2. To keep health care decisions where they belong—with patients and their doctors.
1. To make way for real, patient-centered, market-based health care reform.
Each of these comes with a brief explanation including some facts and figures – read the whole thing here.
Permission to reprint this blog post in whole or in part is hereby granted, provided that the author (or authors) and the Mackinac Center for Public Policy are properly cited. Permission to reprint any comments below is granted only for those comments written by Mackinac Center policy staff.
Get insightful commentary and the most reliable research on Michigan issues sent straight to your inbox.
The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is a nonprofit research and educational institute that advances the principles of free markets and limited government. Through our research and education programs, we challenge government overreach and advocate for a free-market approach to public policy that frees people to realize their potential and dreams.
Please consider contributing to our work to advance a freer and more prosperous state.