Though this site focuses on responding to and commenting on news relating to health reform, sometimes it’s useful to return to some basic principles. To that end, let me direct you to a useful publication by the National Center for Policy Analysis, called "State Health Care Reform: Key Questions and Answers."
It includes the following questions:
- Do We Need Individual Mandates?
- Should Government Decide How Medicine Should Be Practiced?
- Does Universal Coverage Lower Health Care Costs?
- What Is the Best Use of Government’s Health Care Dollars?
- Should We Encourage Consumer-Directed Health Reforms?
- Are Electronic Medical Records The Answer?
- Are Guaranteed Issue and Community Rating the Answer?
- Is a Massachusetts-Style Connector Part of the Answer?
(Cross-posted from State House Call.)