Case studies of how school districts in Michigan's largest county are responding to competition from charter schools and public "schools-of-choice"
- Executive Summary
- Why Competition in Education?
- Previous Studies Detect Public Schools' Competitive Response to Charter Schools and Public "Schools-of-Choice"
- The Impact of Competition on School Districts of the Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency
- The Nature and Extent of Public-School Competition in Wayne County
- Responses to Competition among Public School Districts in Wayne County
- Competition May Put Some Schools "Out of Business"
- Conclusion: Competition Is Improving Public Schools for Michigan Children
- Recommendations: Increase Choice and Competition in Education
- Appendix I: Student Enrollment in Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency Public School Districts, 1995-1999
- Appendix II: Dearborn Theme Schools and Academies
- Acknowledgments and About the Authors
ISBN: 1-890624-22-5, SKU: S2000-04