By Dr. Charles Van Eaton, published on April 1, 1989
- Executive Summary
- Part 1 - Overcrowded Michigan County Jails: Does the Soltuion Lie "Within System?"
- I. The National Picture
- II. The Overcrowding Problem in Michigan's County Jails
- III. Wouldn't More Money Everywhere Solve the Problem?
- IV. What Do We Really Know About Jail Operating Costs in Michigan?
- V. What Do We Really Know About Jail Construction Costs in Michigan?
- VI. Proposals: Modest and Not So Modest
- Part 2 - Overcrowded Michigan County Jails: Is There a Private Sector Solution?
- Part III - Summary and Concluding Remarks
- About the Author