Mackinac Center for Public Policy seeks a Regional Director of Strategic Partnerships to reach out to our growing network of supporters in Michigan and across the nation. This role will report to the Vice President of Advancement.
The Regional Director of Strategic Partnerships will:
- Work closely with a robust advancement team to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, with a specific focus on individual supporters and prospective supporters
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with existing supporters and prospective supporters
- Build and execute strategies to effectively cultivate relationships, steward investments, and solicit gifts that generate the resources to execute Mackinac Center’s mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Interact with donors through telephone calls, one-on-one visits, and written correspondence to keep them informed of their impact on our work
- Travel extensively throughout assigned region in Michigan and periodic travel to other states
- Utilize fundraising database to ensure current data on donors, gifts, and prospects
- Track progress and analyze results
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be a self-starter
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising, sales, or demonstrated success influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, drive projects, develop plans, and execute those plans effectively
- Experience interacting with individual donors preferred, but not required
- Notable relationship building skills
- Persuasive communication skills and in particular, both active and passive listening skills
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility
- Experience with databases, including Raiser’s Edge, and basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, being a lifelong learner is a requirement
This position offers opportunity to work remotely and will require travel throughout assigned region in Michigan. Also includes occasional interstate travel.
About the Mackinac Center
The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is an educational and research institute located in Midland, Michigan. We advance liberty and opportunity for all people. We develop free-market policy recommendations, challenge government overreach, and foster a climate of public opinion that encourages policymakers to act in the public interest.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, 3 professional references[*] and salary history to:
Vice President for Operations
Fax: (989) 631-0964
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we are considering for an interview. No telephone calls, please
[*]References will not be contacted without prior permission from the candidate.