Mackinac Center for Public Policy seeks a Graphic Designer and Creative Projects Manager to executive best-in-class graphic design work for the Center’s marketing, websites, projects and publications and provide creative input on projects across the organization.
- Produce content for print, digital media, the Center’s bimonthly mailing, policy studies and reports, social media pages, and event marketing.
- Create content representative of the Center’s brand, which includes logo design for the Center’s projects and creative content management for the Center’s websites.
- Ideally, be able to assist with photography, video production and video editing.
- Experience in or ability to manage outside contractors is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (extensive experience will be considered as an alternate to the degree requirement).
- A minimum of three to five years work-related and/or demonstrated skill and artistic ability required.
- Demonstrate accountability, ability to work under minimal supervision, make independent decisions and provide consultative advice to colleagues.
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Adobe Premier and After Effects would be a plus.
- Ability to create engaging collateral, tailored to a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Must be motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
- Think tank, policy or political experience is helpful, but not required.
This position reports to the senior director for marketing and communications.
About the Mackinac Center
The Mackinac Center is a nonpartisan research and educational institute dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Michigan residents by promoting sound solutions to state and local policy questions. We advance liberty and opportunity for all people by developing free-market policies, challenging government overreach and influencing public opinion so that it encourages policymakers to act in the broad public interest rather than narrow private or government interests. The Mackinac Center is a nonprofit organization with 35 full-time employees, a 50-member Board of Scholars and an annual operating budget of $10 million.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and portfolio to:
Vice President for Operations
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we are considering for an interview. No telephone calls, please.