The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is seeking an Advancement Manager for its advancement department. This full-time position will assist in a variety of advancement tasks and supervise the daily activities of the advancement intern team. Preferred candidates will have strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and show aptitude for managing highly confidential information and leading people.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Oversight of staffing needs of the intern team as the availability of the intern team members change through the course of the academic year. This role will assist in the recruiting, hiring, and task/project management for our intern team
- Assisting with donor identification/research/cultivation efforts to help grow the Mackinac Center family of supporters
- Filling an important need for operational support for several team members and functions to achieve high performance
- Acting as an auxiliary position to critical advancement tasks as needed, such as data entry and gift processing
The position requires a unique combination of mentorship skills, leadership and project management. The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Deep understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of limited government, free enterprise and personal responsibility
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects, develop plans and execute those plans effectively
- Skill in communicating tasks in order to achieve long-term strategic goals
- Notable relationship-building skills which include experience in supervising and leading others
- Strong writing ability
- Attention to detail while maintaining a big picture focus
- Experience interacting with nonprofit donors preferred, but not required
- Preference for familiarity with relational databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; being a lifelong learner is a requirement
- This position will be located onsite at our office in Midland, MI.
About the Mackinac Center
The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is an educational and research institute located in Midland, Michigan. We advance liberty and opportunity for all people. We develop free-market policy recommendations, challenge government overreach, and foster a climate of public opinion that encourages policymakers to act in the public interest.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, 3 professional references[*] and salary history to:
Vice President for Operations
Fax: (989) 631-0964
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we are considering for an interview. No telephone calls, please.
[*]References will not be contacted without prior permission from the candidate.