$4 billion: The amount of money Michigan saved by shifting its new employees to a 401(k)-style retirement plan in 1997.
$24.3 billion: The current amount of money the school employees pension system is underfunded.
$730 billion to $4 trillion: The amount of unfunded pension liabilities across the country.
$150: The amount of money Teamsters Local 214 wanted to charge right-to-work employees to file grievances prior to a Mackinac Center Legal Foundation lawsuit.
$0: The amount of money Teamsters Local 214 is charging the employees after the lawsuit.
100%: The amount of Michigan Senate districts that use Mackinac Center’s VoteSpotter app.
98%: The amount of Michigan House districts that use VoteSpotter.
- Defending, Declaring, Discussing and Digging…
- How to Tell What a Bill Actually Does
- At the Forefront: Addressing the Board of Education
- Interview with Ron Beebe,
Mackinac Center Supporter
- Show Me the Worker Freedom
- Mr. Vernuccio Goes to Washington
- Union Loses $4.2 Million After Dues Skim Ends
- Traditional Media Recognizes Michigan Capitol Confidential With 4 Awards
- Mackinac Events Update
- Board of Scholars Adds Four
- Maximum Effort to Battle Minimum Wage Myths
- In Loving Memory Ranny Riecker
- By the Numbers
- A Timeline of Events
- Taking the VoteSpotter Message to the Capitol
- Competition is in our Culture
- This is Your Year for Peace of Mind