The Mackinac Center for Public Policy seeks an energetic, well-organized individual to oversee the design and production of the Center’s online and print publications. The Mackinac Center is a nonpartisan research and educational institute dedicated to improving the quality of life for all Michigan residents by promoting sound solutions to state and local policy questions.
The Mackinac Center’s main product is information, and the quality of both form and content of that information is crucial to the Center’s reputation, influence and effectiveness. The Graphic Designer is the individual responsible to see that all Center materials for public use are attractive, readable, capture the attention of the intended audience, and enhance the reputation of the Center.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite to create compelling content for various print and digital platforms (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Familiarity with MailChimp and/or other email marketing products.
- Familiarity with video editing software like Final Cut.
- Experience in photography is desirable.
- Design of MCPP print publications and periodicals.
- Ensure that the Mackinac Center brand is consistent and engaging throughout all digital platforms.
- Design, create, and publish unique content such as info-graphics, digital banners, event marketing collateral.
- Design e-mail templates.
- Coordinate and develop working relationships with printing vendors; solicit and evaluate print quotes; place orders for publications and mailings.
- Design of vendor booths for events.
- Responsibilities may also include managing digital advertising initiatives including Google AdWords, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Ads; use of metrics and data to analyze and report the effectiveness of the digital strategy and initiatives.
Compensation is commensurate with ability and experience. A writing and skills test will be part of the evaluation process. If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter describing your alignment with the Center’s mission, your resume and samples of design work to:
Vice President for Operations
Fax: (989) 631-0964
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we are considering for an interview. No telephone calls, please.