The author would like to acknowledge the following people for their assistance:
- Michael Podgursky, Ph.D., professor at the University of Missouri and fellow at the George W. Bush Institute
- Jay P. Greene, Ph.D., endowed chair and head of the Department of Education Reform, University of Arkansas, and adjunct scholar, Mackinac Center for Public Policy
- Daniel Bowen, Ph.D. candidate in education policy at the University of Arkansas
- Michael Van Beek, director of research, Mackinac Center
- Daniel Montgomery, marketing and design director, Mackinac Center
Although these individuals helped significantly with this study, any errors in the report are the responsibility of the author alone.